Inflammation around the root of the teeth simply means inflammation of the tissues around the root of the teeth. When you have a traumatic tooth injury, or tissue infection around the teeth, it can easily lead to inflammation around the root of the teeth. Because of the above effects, they can cause abscesses and root canal necrosis if not treated properly.
We refer to some of the causes of inflammation around the root of the teeth that are presented below.
Inflammation around the root of the teeth due to infection.
@Infections from the inside
Teeth with pulp inflammation, or pulp necrosis that isn’t treated in time, will cause complications of inflammation around the root of the teeth
If myelitis comes from tooth decay, bacteria invade through the cavity and multiply. At that time, they secrete toxins that spread into the tissue area around the teeth. These include toxins from bacteria, enzymes that break down proteins, destroy elastic fiber structures, and cause bone resorption.
@ Infection around the teeth. Bacteria from the tissue around the teeth penetrate into the crown and cause inflammation around the root of the teeth.
Inflammation around the root of the teeth due to trauma
When teeth suddenly encounter strong impact from the outside. Leading to broke blood vessels at the root of teeth. If it isn’t treated immediately, or treatment isn’t thorough; The bacteria will invade the injured area and cause inflammation around the root of the teeth. We can call this acute inflammation.
In addition, some mild injuries but frequency occurs many times also cause inflammation around the root of the teeth. Such as: traumatic injuries caused by wrong bites, or caused by grinding teeth, or the habit of chewing hard objects…
The consequence will be chronic inflammation around the root of the teeth.
Inflammation around the root of the teeth due to errors in treating other pathologies in the oral area.
- For example, in the process of removing the dental pulp and cleaning the root canal; The doctor accidentally pushed dirt into the base of the tooth and caused super-infection.
- When the dental pulp was repaired, the doctor accidentally broke the instrument, and it stuck in the root canal leading to a root canal blockage.
- When the dental pulp hasn’t been completely treated, they need to be treated again after a while. Usually we will encounter bacteria in the pulp cavity that has an antagonistic effect on disinfectants in the root canal.
- On the other hand, the use of strong antiseptic drugs, or strong stimulation at the end of the teeth also cause inflammation around the root of the teeth.
- Or the fillings that remain in the base of the teeth are also the place for bacteria to stay and grow.
So, what are the signs of inflammation around the root of the teeth? And complications like?
- If acute, the patient often has a high fever, and is also accompanied by dry lips, a dirty tongue, and possibly has swollen lymph node in the area below the jaw.
- The patient will see constant toothache, which can spread to the first half.
- Pain often comes from chewing food, and doesn’t improve even after taking pain medicine.
- In addition, the outer cheek area is also swollen and painful lymph nodes. The gum region outside the damaged tooth is also inflamed.
- The color of the teeth which has inflammation around the root of the teeth can change or not.
@Inflammation around the root of the teeth causes dangerous complications
If this disease is not treated promptly and properly, it can cause complex complications. Most noticeable is tooth abscess or lymphadenitis, inflammation of jaw bone. A number of other complications related to cardiovascular disease, nephritis, arthritis, and pain in the face half. In addition, it also causes prolonged fever which leads to be difficult in diagnosing the disease accurately.
It is important to remember: inflammation around the root of the teeth needs early and definitive treatment.
Depending on the cause of the disease, the doctor will take the appropriate treatment. However, the principle of implementation: complete removal of infected and necrotic tissue (in the root canal).
The desired result: the damaged tissue area is recovered.
In the case of endodontic treatment does not have good results, the doctor will consider surgery to cut the apex of the root.
Thus, to identify and thoroughly treat the disease of inflammation around the root of the teeth requires experienced doctors, and the clinic has modern equipment.
- Quoc Binh Dental Clinic with more than 20 years of intensive treatment and a team of highly skilled doctors.
- Along with advanced systems of machines in accordance with international standards; This always will be a reliable treatment place for all patients with dental problems
Need further assistance, you can contact us directly:
QUOC BINH DENTAL CLINIC IN VUNG TAU
19 Pham Hong Thai Str., Ward 7, Vung Tau City.
28 Le Loi Str., Ward 4, Vung Tau.
Hotline: 0914 83 99 66
Online information pages:
Link 1(general): https://www.facebook.com/nhakhoaquocbinh/
Link 2(aesthetic): https://www.facebook.com/nhakhoathammyvungtau/