The removal of tartar is a great way to remove calcified plaque around the teeth. Once done, the bacteria are no longer inhabited, helping to reduce the risk of other dental problems. This is a fairly simple dental technique, easy to do. So does removal of tartar have any effect? Should be done periodically?
If you have ever gone to remove tartar, the content below will help you feel more secure.
And if you haven’t used this solution in your life, this is valuable and useful information to help you make the right choice.
What is tartar?
These are calcified plaques in the oral environment.
They are present around the crown of the teeth, squeezing into the teeth, even under the gums. The common colors are ivory white, light yellow or brown yellow.
Initially, the plaque, food residue sticking on the teeth in a soft state that is easy to clean during brushing. But if you do not take good care of your teeth, the plaque will change to become stiffer and more attached. And at this point, normal brushing will no longer work; Only when going to the dentist, using specialized tools, can the tartar be removed thoroughly.
Is removal of tartar necessary?
Tartar is not only present around the crown, the naked eye can be observed. But tartar can also stick deep, hidden under the gum layer (tartar under the gums); It takes the tools of dental examination to “discover” them.
This is residue that needs to be removed as soon as possible. Why?
Because tartar causes many dangerous effects for the teeth and affects the overall health
- This is where bacteria multiply and grow, and at the same time release acids that damage tooth enamel, causing tooth decay.
- Tartar cause gingivitis, bleeding gums, difficulty in oral hygiene.
- As plaque builds up, it will push down the gums to expose the root. Since then, causing tooth sensitivity.
- More seriously, tartar causes alveolar bone resorption, periodontitis, tooth loss
- Making us not confident in communication because tartar causes bad breath. And cause loss of aesthetics for smiles, when these plaques catch color quickly and differ too markedly compared to the color of enamel.
For example: for subjects who often smoke, drink water with a dark color like coffee … tartar is dark brown
- In addition, tartar – a fertile environment of bacteria – may be related to pharyngitis, oral mucositis
Thus, the removal of tartar will be a practical action to help protect the oral health effectively.
The removal of tartar has no negative effects?
Remember, brushing your teeth every day can’t remove all stubborn plaque. And tartar can appear in any subject.
The removal of tartar not only improves the aesthetics of the teeth, but also brings a wealth of other benefits.
- Smile more confidently with shiny teeth and fresh breath.
- Minimize gingivitis, reduce the risk of other oral diseases …
During the removal of tartar process, your dentist uses specialized dental tools to break down stubborn plaque and remove them from your teeth.
Usually, these tools are not as sharp and differ depending on the technology. Currently, the technology of ultrasonic tartar scraping is very popular because of its high efficiency.
However, you shouldn’t overdo the tartar removal too many times in a row. Because if done regularly, and experts perform incorrect techniques can cause bleeding, gum damage.
- If you have good daily oral care habits with little tartar, you should set up a regular tartar removal schedule every 6 months.
- For those who use tobacco, coffee … and little care of oral hygiene every day, you should remove tartar once every 3 months.
- Or the nature of your enamel layer is not smooth, or easy to accumulate plaque, you should also polish and remove tartar every 3-4 months.
The tartar scraping process is painless, does not affect the tooth structure, does not damage the enamel if done in the right place – the right technique.
Quoc Binh Dental Clinic in Vung Tau is a place where you can trust dental care services with full confidence.
- The system of clinics is fully equipped with standard equipment and modern technology.
- The team of Doctors are well-skilled, with long-term experience. Counseling on the correct status and giving the most suitable and best treatment solutions for the client’s medical condition.
- Flexible and diversified payment policies and methods create optimal convenience.
Get the right oral health care – the best way to protect your body’s health.
Free appointment and consultation at:
QUOC BINH DENTAL CLINIC IN VUNG TAU CITY
Chief doctor: Dr. PHAN QUOC BINH
Facility 1: 19 Pham Hong Thai, Ward 7, Vung Tau.
(Closed every Sunday)
☎️ 09148399 66 / (0254) 383 99 66
Facility 2: 28 Le Loi, Ward 4, Vung Tau.
(Closed every Saturday)
☎️ (0254) 381 83 18
Facility 3: 649 Truong Cong Dinh, Ward 7, Vung Tau
Doctor in charge: Dr. NGUYEN HUU CHIEN
☎️ 0708 649 649
(Closed every Friday)
⏰Working time: 7h30-11h30, 14h-20h30
Online information site:
Link 1 (general): https://www.facebook.com/nhakhoaquocbinh/
Link 2 (aesthetic): https://www.facebook.com/nhakhoathammyquocbinh/