A tooth loss due to an accident is a really serious situation. However, the consequences will be minimized if we deal with it quickly. A fracture can be a horizontal fracture of the crown, or the whole tooth falls out of the jawbone. In this situation the dentist will try to assist you in the conservation or the best course of action.
We will consult a solution to preserve and re-attach the teeth when you have a tooth loss due to an accident
When a tooth falls out of the alveolar bone and does not suffer much structural damage; Then in less than 60 minutes, you can still re-implant the tooth in the correct position where it fell out before. At that time, the chance of recovering this tooth back to its healthy state is quite high.
For this to work: It is necessary to put the fallen tooth in the right position, in the right direction and not move when biting 2 jaws.
@ Requirements of the tooth to be handled:
- If the tooth becomes dirty it needs to be cleaned. The person whose has a tooth loss due to an accident has to hold that tooth in mouth, and use saliva to clean the teeth. Then spit the dirty saliva out of the mouth; The spitting process will help push the blood clot in the cavities.
- When the tooth is clean enough, the tooth should be inserted into the socket where it was previously dropped. However, if the area of the broken tooth has been damaged a lot and isn’t conducive to self-reassembly -> then you need to go to the dentist quickly.
How to preserve the falling tooth before going to the dentist?
- It is necessary to clean teeth with saliva as directed above. At the same time, the person whose has a tooth loss due to an accident must keep that tooth in their mouth. The teeth can be placed under the tongue, or the side of the cheek. For young children at risk of swallowing, this method should not be used.
- Or after cleaning teeth with saliva, tooth can be placed in physiological saline. Salt water can be purchased at a pharmacy, or you can mix salt with mineral / bottled water. Quickly take both the person who lost the tooth and the salt water cup containing the tooth to the dentist.
- Another solution is: after cleaning teeth with saliva of the person whose has a tooth loss due to an accident; You can keep the tooth in a cup of fresh milk at room temperature. And all need a quick visit to dentistry.
Important notes when you lose teeth by accident
If the tooth is broken and the root is still in the cavity, we can’t re-attach the broken tooth. Because the crown can’t be attached to the root of the tooth naturally broken.
Or even if the whole tooth falls out of the socket, but the root is cracked, re-fitting can’t be done.
The end result of tooth restoration when you experience tooth loss due to accident
It should be noted that, even if you follow the instructions above, the re-mounted tooth has a high risk of needing to be removed.
There are some situations where a tooth can heal and last for many years after it is attached. However, it is still necessary to treat dental pulp and do porcelain crowns to improve the color of the dead tooth.
In another development, the reassembled teeth wouldn’t last for long, but after a few months will be removed. Patients can use Implant solution or make a porcelain bridge to restore lost teeth.
One important note, whether you or the dentist has re-inserted the dropped tooth. But if the golden time has passed 60 minutes, then the reattach will not give satisfactory results. Then, the best solution is to remove the damaged tooth and apply alternative solutions.
Teeth that fall out by accident can be re-fitted, but teeth lost due to dental disease are completely inapplicable with the above solution.
QUOC BINH DENTAL CLINIC
Chief doctor: Dr. PHAN QUOC BINH
Facility 1: 19 Pham Hong Thai, Ward 7, Vung Tau.
(Closed every Sunday)
☎️ 09148399 66 / (0254) 383 99 66
Facility 2: 28 Le Loi, Ward 4, Vung Tau.
(Closed every Saturday)
☎️ (0254) 381 83 18
Facility 3: 649 Truong Cong Dinh, Ward 7, Vung Tau
Doctor in charge: Dr. NGUYEN HUU CHIEN
☎️ 0708 649 649
(Closed every Friday)
⏰Working time: 7h30-11h30, 14h-20h30
Online information site:
Link 1 (general): https://www.facebook.com/nhakhoaquocbinh/
Link 2 (aesthetic): https://www.facebook.com/nhakhoathammyquocbinh/